I am not sure if I am reaching out to the correct person however if not could you please forward it to the appropriate party, I would greatly appreciate it. We have great student employment opportunities here at the Pittsburgh Field Club and would like to know if you have a posting board that you could display the 2 attached documents. It is a wonderful summer job opportunity for the young students of your school.
Could you also try to give this to your swim coach as we are looking for a summer coach (6 weeks) as well as an assistant aquatics director at our pool facility.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Pittsburgh Field Club
121 Field Club Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15238
Email and Cell removed by webmaster
The swim test for lifeguard candidates goes something like this:
- Swim 500 yards (20 lengths) in under 10-minutes.
- Swim a 50-yard freestyle without goggles in under 33-seconds.
- After a dive, do an underwater kick of 25-yards without goggles.
- Brick return begins with a 15 yard swim, surface dive, pick-up the brick from the deep end and make it in 11-seconds or less.
- Two different types of brick towing happen for 50-yards, under a time of 1:10 or 1:15. One is kick on the back holding the brick with both hands. The other is kicking on the side with the brick on the hip.
- Two-minute treading with the brick in your hands.
This is not an official score-sheet and rules, but only a transcription of a conversation with a guard. So, your miles may vary. If you see an error, or have further details, write in the comments.
Rick Kauffman, Founder of The Kels Group posted
His podcaste episode includes a LIVE DEMO that is taking place January 6, 2019.
I will be present at this demonstration as I have a personal interest in this technology. I believe that it will be a game changer and potentially save 1,000’s of lives that otherwise these people could become victims of drowning or non-fatal drownings
In this episode I will give you a way to follow my status updates so if you would like to learn more as I will be sharing with you first hand what we are going to learn in real time just as if you would be there yourself.
If you would have any question that you would like me to ask let me know and if time would allow I will ask them and broadcast the answers on next week podcast.
Listen to episode #40, and others at https://thekelsgroup.com/2019/01/03/ep040-happy-new-year-resolutions/
A flashback to a swim-class drill